Monday, September 30, 2013
Sunday, September 29, 2013
Saturday, September 28, 2013
VA493 BNE 1000 CNJ 1230 E190 WED/FRI VA494 CNJ 1300 BNE 1500 E190 WED/FRISource: Virgin Australia
The G20 Summit will also be a major attraction for plane spotters with a large amount of exotic VIP aircraft expected to inundate Brisbane Airport. Due to the large amount of VIP aircraft arriving, security will be greatly increased around the airport which may include but not limited to road blocks and the closure of some viewing spots.
In terms of exotic aircraft, I have compiled a rough list of potential visitors which have visited previous G20 meetings that we may see in BNE next year. (List is a guide only!)
- United Kingdom - Virgin Atlantic or British Airways long haul aircraft
- Japan - Japan Air Self Defence Force 747-400s
- South Korea - VIP 747-400
- China - Air China long haul aircraft
- Indonesia - Garuda Indonesia A330
- India - Air India long haul aircraft
- South Africa - 737BBJ
- Germany - Luftwaffe A340/A310
- France - A319CJ/Falcon 7X
- Spain - A310
- Turkey - A319CJ
- Italy - A319CJ/Falcon 900EX
- Russia - IL76/IL96/IL62
- Brazil - E190
- Saudi Arabia - 747-400
- Argentina - 757-200
- Mexico - 757-200
- Canada - A310/CL604
- USA - VC25/C32/C40/C37/C17/C5/Helicopters
- Other - Other countries invited to attend, Media chartered aircraft and a swarm of visiting Gulfstreams/Global Express/Falcons etc.
Thursday, September 26, 2013
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Sunshine Express Airlines commenced operations on 25th October 1998 and was owned by Aeromil Pacific. Although based on the Sunshine Coast, the majority of its services were from/to Brisbane. A number of aircraft were used which included the Shorts 360, Metro III, Metro 23 and Embraer 110. Sunshine Express was also a Qantas partner airline.
Sunshine Express route map
Sunshine Express ceased all scheduled flights from 1 October 2006 to focus on charter operations. Sunshine Express Airlines was the last operator of the Shorts 360 to Brisbane.
Shorts 360 VH-SEO msn SH3728 at BNE unloading passengers.
Sunday, September 22, 2013
EVA Air A330-200 B-16307 landing 01
Saturday, September 21, 2013
Brisbane passed the GA airports of Bankstown, Jandakot and Moorabbin for the first time.
SOURCE: Air Services Australia.
Friday, September 20, 2013
Thursday, September 19, 2013
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Tuesday, September 17, 2013
Monday, September 16, 2013
Saturday, September 14, 2013
Friday, September 13, 2013
Thursday, September 12, 2013
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
- Vincent Aviation Saab 340B VH-VNU arrived from Darwin via Mt Isa as "Vincent 341".
- Lynden Air Cargo C-130 N403LC did a 30 minute test flight BNE-BNE.
- Air Ambulance NSW King Air 200 VH-AMS flew Kempsey - BNE - Sydney.
- Hawker 900XP VH-ACE departed for Perth.
Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Monday, September 9, 2013
Pacific Blue Boeing 737-8FE ZK-PBD arriving from Wellington as VOZ65
Sunday, September 8, 2013
- Qantas QF108 LAX - SYD diverted to BNE enroute B747-400 VH-OJU (see main post)
- Falcon 2000EX VH-KRW flew Brisbane - Hamilton Is - Brisbane
- Falcon 2000EX N818BH departed to Auckland (see main post)
- Gulfstream 4 VH-MBP arrived as EVY99 and departed shortly after
- Lynden Air Cargo C-130 P2-LAD departed for Port Moresby as LYB2022
Lynden Air Cargo C-130 P2-LAD
Saturday, September 7, 2013
- Air Vanuatu B737-800 YJ-AVI ferried in from Singapore Seletar via Denpasar as AVN89 on completion of maintenance. It later operated AVN 21 to Port Vila. Airwork NZ B737-300 ZK-SLA had been operating for Air Vanuatu to cover maintenance for YJ-AV1 since August 16th.
- Gulfstream 4 VH-WXK arrived back at 1730
- Embraer Legacy 600 VH-VLT arrived.
Air Vanuatu B737-800 YJ-AV1
Friday, September 6, 2013